This element focuses on creating a flexible and agile organization. Employees have a positive attitude and change is seen as an opportunity. There is a good balance between standardized work and capability of reacting to special wishes of customers.
Instead of a large cumbersome organization with fixed employees, self-directed teams are installed. These teams have their own objectives and are responsible and empowered. There is a decisive management formulating clear objectives, keeps teams accountable and acts decisively to results deviating from the set objectives.
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
An agile and flexible organization focuses on the following elements:
• Employees see change as an opportunity.
• The organization is able to react quickly to a changing market.
• There is self-direction/ self-organization and a high degree of responsibility.
• If the results deviate from the original goals management acts decisively.
• The management is able to decide quickly