Generally, the training Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is meant for project leaders, department managers, process owners and process managers. Within the industry also for design, process and quality engineers. After this training, there is the possibility to flow through to the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training.
After this training, you will look different at processes. You are able to identify excess activities and judge process performance more objectively. You master the instruments that allow you to organize processes more efficiently and reduce errors. The result is better-processed performance and higher quality. This translates into lower costs and higher customer satisfaction
This training takes 8 days.
HBO/HBO+. Affinity with statistics is desirable.
You get the most benefit from a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training if you study the material after each block and go through the next training block. Our rule of thumb is 8 hours of teaching is 8 hours of preparation and study. The study load is therefore approximately 64 hours.
During the training, the ‘Lean game’ is played. In the training, designed specifically for the industry an airplane factory will be simulated. There is an ‘office game’ for the service sector and also for the healthcare a real situation is imitated.
Minitab 19 license for free
For both the training and the project you need to have Microsoft Office Excel and a Minitab license. Symbol is the only organisation in the Netherlands that is a Minitab Gold Partner. This means that as a Lean Six Sigma trainee at Symbol you will receive a full Minitab 19 license for free for the duration of your training!
Free inspiration days
You can participate for free at the Symbol inspiration days of that are organized 2 to 3 times a year
Other recommended courses
Other training that might be interesting for you:
What is the content of the Green Belt training?
• Lean Management Principles (Value, Flow, Pull,…)
• Project Management (Roles & Responsibilities, Project Charter, DMAIC)
• Voice of the Customer & CTQ Flowdown
• Process Performance Metrics
• Process Flow Mapping & SIPOC
• Problem-solving (8D, Cause & Effect, 5-why,…)
• Visualisation of data using Minitab
• (Pareto, Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Dot Plot, Histogram, Box Plot, Time series Plot, Scatter Plot)
• Statistical techniques (Hypotheses, Correlation, Regression, ANOVA, probability calculation,…)
• 5S Workspace Organisation
• VSM – Value Stream Mapping (Current & Future)
• SPC – Statistical Process Control
• MSA – Measure system analysis
• Cpk – Process Capability & Performance
• FMEA – Failure Mode Effect Analysis & Control plan
• DOE – Design of Experiments
• Kaizen Continuous improvement / PDCA
• Lean Simulation game, Six Sigma case & trial exam
Incompany (price on request)
This training can be given incompany. An incompany training offers you the possibility to make the training organization specific so that during the training there is a direct translation between theory and practice.
Internationally recognized certificate
For our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training the possibility is offered to get via the LSSA (Lean Six Sigma Academy) an internationally recognized certificate. The complete exam includes a theory and a practical part.
The exam is taken according to the guidelines of the LSSA.
The practice projects are evaluated by the LSSA. For both elements (theory and practice) you will receive a partial certificate. The complete Lean Six Sigma certificate requires a sufficient score for both theory and practice.
Symbol is a so-called ATO (Accredited Training Organization). Therefore you can sign up directly by us.